What is Rental Rehabilitation?

Rental Rehabilitation is a program coordinated between local municipalities and the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). It can be used to supplement private funds to develop downtown vacant upper floors into housing units or for the redevelopment of existing units. If you are an interested building owner, contact Eric Zuzga at 269-558-0354 or Email Eric Zuzga. After initial consultations, additional information is required prior to the formal grant application using this Pre-Application (PDF).

Related Documents:


  • Schuler's Royale Apartments and Hotel- 115 South Eagle Street
  • Cahill Rental Rehabilitation- 125/127 West Michigan Avenue

Previous Projects:

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a site plan review?
2. How do I develop property in the City of Marshall?
3. How do I find the City Zoning Ordinance?
4. How do I learn more about the Joint Planning Commission (JPC)?
5. How do I learn more about the Planning Commission?
6. How do I learn more about the River District Overlay?
7. How do I move a house in the City of Marshall?
8. How do I propose a Planned Unit Development (PUD)?
9. How do I rezone a property?
10. What is Rental Rehabilitation?
11. What is the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA)? How do I apply for a variance?
12. What are zoning permits?
13. How do I appeal a letter I have received from code enforcement on noxious weeds?
14. What is a Special Land Use and who needs one?
15. Can I have a portable storage container or a dumpster in the City?