If you have an Electrical Emergency please call (269) 781-8631
The City of Marshall Power Plant is located on the Kalamazoo River in Marshall, Michigan. Municipally owned and operated since 1893, the City of Marshall utility system is the third oldest hydroelectric utility system operating under its original ownership in the United States. In 1982, the Michigan South Central Power Agency (MSCPA), a municipally owned utility, formed to serve five member communities: Marshall, Clinton, Coldwater, Hillsdale and Union City. A 65-megawatt coal-fired electric generating station, named Endicott, located in the City of Litchfield, is one of the primary sources of electricity for the five member agencies. Marshall provides competitive rates and reliable service to an average of 4,500 residential and 662 light industrial and commercial customers. Marshall's peak electric load is, on average, 26,912kw. Operated with 6 Power Plant staff and 10 electric distribution staff, the Electric Department provides safe and reliable electric service 24 hours and day and 7 days a week including a 45-minutes response time to outages and new service hook-ups within 24 hours notice.